My cousin Gabrielle and her husband had a new baby (Zachary) this past October! I was happy to take some baby photos of her, and a couple of her first son Maximillian! Here’s some of my favorite shots from the day! It’s crazy how all of my cousins are either now getting married or having babies! All the more photo fun for me! The baby was not too happy for photos, but with some tricks…we got him to settle down.
Tips for photographing newborns:
- use a pacifier to calm the baby, then pull out right before you shoot
- swaddle the baby up and get him feeling secure, and take a few photos like that in the process
- check and see if he needs a diaper change, because that could be the reason for the fussiness.
- use a white noise sound to calm the baby- the sound should be as loud as the baby is crying.
- make sure the baby is not hungry, or you won’t get much time where he is happy at all.
- be patient- patience is key!